Extract Email Addresses from Gmail: Gmail maintains email lists to help your business stay in touch with clients and associates. The email messages are archived neatly in Gmail but most of the email addresses aren’t stored in Google Contacts. The company is now shifting office and they need to inform everyone via email of the office move.
Introducing Email Address Extractor, a Google add-on that sifts through all email messages in your Gmail account, extracts the email addresses and saves them in a Google Spread Sheet. It works for both Gmail and Google Apps accounts.
How to Extract Email Addresses From Gmail
Follow the step-by-step guide here.
- Install the Gmail Extractor add-on (Email Address Extractor,) and it will ask grant the necessary permissions.
- Click on Continue (Email Address Extractor needs your permission to run).
- One Popup will be displayed below here picture. It will ask grant the necessary permissions. Click on “Allow”
- Go to the add-ons menu inside the Google Spread sheet
- Choose Email Address Extract and click Start to launch the extractor add-on.
- Specify the search criteria and all emails that match the rule will be parsed by the extractor. (You may use any of the Gmail Search operators to filter messages.)
- Next select the fields (to, from, cc, bcc) that should be parsed for extracting emails. The add-on can also pull names of the sender and recipients if they are available inside the message header.
- Click the “Start” button and the extractor will start pulling emails into the spread sheet.
The entire process may take some time depending up on the size of your Gmail mailbox.
After extraction is complete, you will see two “Download as .CSV” options – Download with Name and Email and Download Email ids only. Click on it and save the file. You can open this file in any worksheet/spreadsheet program like MS-Excel.
You can use this .CSV file and import into any email software for mailing. If you download the Name and Email file then the same can be imported into Gmail Contacts or Outlook or Thunderbird and so you will be adding your Gmail Email senders as your Contacts.