Apple’s flagship smartphone, the iPhone 5S could get a 50 percent price cut and be available for just about Rs 12,000 only. We are all aware that Apple iPhone might be giving another shot at an affordable iPhone with the launch of Apple iPhone SE. As per media reports, this phone will be making its debut later this month. With all signs pointing towards iPhone SE’s launch on March 22, iPhone 5S is set to become a sideshow. Unless it doesn’t, courtesy a price out.
The 4-inch iPhone 5S has gone through a series of price cuts earlier and is available for USD 450 in the US. And with the launch of iPhone SE, reports say the iPhone 5S could get a 50 percent price discount to USD 225 in order to keep it in the market.
The company has already announced that it will be fading out iPhone 4S from the Indian market but this is not what Apple seems to have in mind for the iPhone 5s. As per a news reports, it is being speculated that the prices of the iPhone 5s could go down by up to 50% after the launch of iPhone SE. This revelation has been made by Ming-Chi Kuo from KGI Securities.
However, one is not sure if the price cut would be affected in India where the iPhone 5S is available for just about Rs 21,000 (16GB variant) after a series of price cuts.
But if the price cut should become effective in India, post 50 percent discount, the iPhone 5S could be available for just about Rs 12,000 in the country.
Maybe Apple will keep the iPhone 5s in markets such as India to develop, where there is sufficient demand for the handset. We are of the opinion that, when in fact Apple does this strategy, it is could be a masterpiece by the company. Has Apple immense value of the brand in markets such as India and the people do not mind here, a two year old iPhone to buy if it fits their budget.
Considering that the sales of iPhones in India have gone down due to high prices, the price cut could sure revive its sale to a certain extend.
iPhone 5S Specifications
- Touch ID Fingerprint sensor
- Improved camera with features like slow motion recording
- Faster Processor and graphics
- The iPhone 5S sports the same dimensions (123.8×58.6×7.6mm) and weight (112g)
- 4 inch Retina display with a resolution of 640 pixels by 1136 pixels at a PPI of 326 pixels per inch.
- The iPhone 5s actually has some sweet upgrades, from the A7 & M7 processor.
- 64-bit architecture
- 1 GB RAm
- 16 GB internal storage(cannot be expanded)
- 8-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 1.2-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
- The Apple iPhone 5s runs iOS 7 and is powered by a 1570mAh non-removable battery.
- The Apple iPhone 5s is a single SIM(GSM) smartphone that accepts a Nano-SIM.
- Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 4G(with support for Band 40 used by some LTE network in India).